1. LEGAL INFORMATION
This website (the “Website”), and all personal information collected from users of this Website, are owned solely by Decathlon Vietnam Co., Ltd. (Company Registration No.: 0305728805), a company incorporated in Vietnam and having its registered office at 6th floor, Pearl Plaza, 561A Dien Bien Phu Street, 25 Ward, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (“Decathlon”), with the email email@example.com, contact number 0938381668 and/or its associated companies (collectively, the “Decathlon Network”).
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal datato the extent that defined by the applicable laws refers to data about an individual who can be identified from either that particular data, or from that data and other information which Decathlon has or is likely to have access to. Commonly collected personal data of our customers typically include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone (landline and mobile) numbers, e-mail addresses, identification numbers, nationalities, dates of birth and credit card information.
Collection of personal data
Wherever possible, we only collect personal data directly from you. Without limitation, this can occur during or before you: -
(1) sign up to receive information;
(2) set up an account on the Website;
(3) place an order for Products through the Website;
(4) provide any feedback or complaints with regards to our Products or services through the Website;
(5) participate in any social media offerings (such as signing up through our Facebook page); and/or
(6) participate in any marketing activity held by us.
In addition to personal data provided to us, certain information related to you that is not considered personal data may also be collected. We collect this information to improve our Website and other online services. Such non-personal data may include information such as your IP address, the internet browser you use, details of your interaction with our Website, shopping habits, preferences and information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interestsand other types of non-personal data.
We may also receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties.
Collection of personal data by other websites
This Website uses plug-ins from the social network Facebook, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. If you access a page on our Website that contains a plug-in, your browser will establish a direct link to Facebook’s servers. The plug-in content will then be sent directly to your browser by Facebook and included on the relevant web page. Facebook will be notified that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our Website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or if you are not logged on to your Facebook account. You IP address will be sent directly by your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and registered on that server.
If you are logged on to Facebook when you browse our Website, Facebook may directly link your visit to our Website, to your Facebook account. If, for example, you click on ‘Like’ or leave a comment on Facebook in relation to our Website while using a plug-in, the corresponding information will be transmitted to and registered on a Facebook server and published on your Facebook account. Facebook may use such information for advertising and market research purposes, and may adapt its pages accordingly. Facebook may therefore create user profiles including information about users’ interests and relationships, to determine how users react after having seen an advertisement on Facebook, inform other Facebook users about the activity of our Website and offer other services linked to Facebook.
If you do not wish Facebook to link information collected via our website to your Facebook account, you should log out of Facebook before visiting our Website.
3. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Using your personal data
We collect personal data from our existing and prospective customers and employees for various reasons. Without limitation, these purposes include:-
(1) improving our products and your experience on our Website;
(2) analyzing the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions;
(3) customising your Website experience, as well as evaluating statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before and what site referred you to it;
(4) making the Website easier to use and tailoring the Website and products to your interests and needs;
(5) marketing and communicating with you in relation to products and services offered by us;
(6) processing orders and administering accounts in relation to your use of our products and services;
(7) sending you information, products or samples you have requested;
(8) responding to your comments or queries;
(9) improving the quality of our services with market research and surveys;
(10) supplying you with information that is relevant to your existing relationship with us;
(11) suggesting products or services which we think may interest you; or
(12) offering you the opportunity to take part in competitions and promotions.
Where we collect personal data for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons.
Sharing your personal data
However, you hereby have agreed that:
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties. Such parties may either be in Vietnam, Singapore or abroad and may include:
(1) our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions;
(2) third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered through our Website;
(3) law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information;
(4) third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us your consent to do so;
(5) third party providers of services, such as data processing; or
(6) web analytics tool providers, such as Google.
We may share your personal data for the following reasons: -
(1) reasons provided under ‘using your personal data’;
(2) verification of your identity;
(3) processing purchase/credit transactions for the purchase of products through our Website;
(5) conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws;
(6) sell all or a part of Decathlon or its holding company to a third party;
(7) to comply with a court order or other legal or regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions we operate;
In situations where a third party under contract with Decathlon collects personal data about you, we will require the third party to exercise reasonable care in protecting your information.
4. AMENDMENTS TO PERSONAL DATA / OPT OUT
You have a right to access, change and remove the personal data held by Decathlon. If you wish to do so, please refer to 'Contact Us'.You may also access, change and remove your personal details by clicking on 'My Account'. You may also decline to receive e-mails by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ in any marketing e-mail you receive.
If you do not want your personal data to be shared among affiliates, business partners or unrelated third parties, you may opt-out of such information sharing by sending us the appropriate withdrawal of consent form. For details on how to obtain such a form, please refer to 'Contact Us'.
Decathlon uses reasonable measures to protect your personal data and to store it securely. Where personal information is entered on our Website, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect your personal data and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our security protocols to ensure that your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks..